Just starting out online? Want to know the absolute quickest way to begin making your Internet fortune?
Here's your answer: Selling OP products!
What are OP products?
Why, "Other People's" products, of course. You've heard of using OPM (Other People's Money) to bootstrap your way into a successful business. Well, this is a lot like it, except there is very little money required to get started.
Where To Find OP Products
You can find OP products all over the web, but quality products are only available at a handful of locations.
To get started, you'll need a website or blog to list the products you will be selling. A blog is free and easier to manage than a website, so unless you know HTML I suggest you start with a simple blog at Blogger.com or Wordpress.com. It's very easy to make a new blog and it's free too!
OK, but what do I sell? In a minute I'll give you the short list of websites with quality products you can sell... and signup is free!
What Your Blog / Website Will Do
But first, here's what you'll be doing on your blog or website: You'll be making sales as an "affiliate". What's an affiliate? An affiliate is a product reseller. In a nutshell, you will be selling OP (Other People's) products and you'll receive a percentage of the sale price as your commission.
Here are the best Affiliate websites with quality products for you to sell:
These sites have a variety of products that will easily fit your website's theme. Each affiliate program pays a little differently, but if you click on the links above, you will be able to see just what the commission structures look like.
I highly recommend CLICKBANK® because as an affiliate there, you can get up to 75% of the sale price as your commission! Product prices range anywhere from $5 to over $100, so your commissions can be quite high.
PayDotCom is the next highest in payouts, followed by Ebay and Amazon.
Linkshare pays varying amounts depending on the offer you sell, but they also pay for simple clicks or just information signups, as well as actual sales. That means you are able to make money just by sending your blog or website visitors to the signup page!
Commission Junction is similar to Linkshare in the way it works and how much it pays.
Note: Linkshare and Commission Junction's vendors can be a little particular about the content on your website. What this means is... it's up to each vendor whether you will be allowed to sell certain products. So, you might have to wait until your website has built-up some solid content or has gained some popularity before some of these affiliate programs will be available to you. However, it certainly doesn't hurt to try anyway.
Adsense is a Google product that allows you to put relevant ads on your website or blog. When one of your visitors clicks on a Google ad on your site you get a small portion of whatever amount the advertiser has paid Google for placing that ad.
eBay, Amazon and Adsense pay the least compared to the other affiliate sites mentioned above, but if you get a lot of traffic on your blog or website, these programs can increase your monthly profits by hundreds of dollars or more. So you won't want to overlook them.
And The Best Thing Is...
The best thing about all of these affiliate programs is they are free for you to join! Be advised that some of them require you to have a website or blog already created. That's because they give you code to place on your site to display their ads.
So, to make money selling OP (Other People's) products, here's what you can do:
- Check out the product categories at the above affiliate websites and decide what the theme of your website or blog will be based upon what interests you and what's available to sell.
It's important that you choose a theme that corresponds very closely with the OP products you plan to sell. If you don't or if you list too many diverse products, you will just confuse your visitors, at best. At worst, they simply will not be very interested in the affiliate products you list on your blog or website. That means little or no commissions for you.
- Once you pick a theme,
- create your blog or website,
- give it an appropriate name using relevant keywords in the name,
- write a 200-300 word introduction to place on the first page of your site. Make sure you mention the theme of the site, peppering your introduction with relevant keywords. Search engines will use these keywords to list your site in their search results so potential buyers can find you..
- Sign-up for the affiliate programs of your choice (you can start with the one or two affiliate programs that best fit your site's topic) and enter the code for their ads on your site. Be sure to check the affiliate program for any restrictions and limitations on ad placement. The above programs have few placement rules except for Adsense, so read the Adsense rules carefully.
Recommended products to boost traffic and sales
- SEO Elite - Get this software and double or triple your traffic with the latest SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tactics!
- Adwords Miracle - Learn how to pay the absolute least for Google ads to bring qualified buyers to your site and make up to $300 per day!
- To help make your blog become a real success, check out: Blogging to the Bank. Discover traffic generating techniques that will make any blog you create both popular AND profitable!
- Or, if you need some more background in online sales and some help making your first site or blog profitable, I can recommend: Newbie Cash Machine and Xtreme Wealth Package. Both of these products will give you the guidance and practical information to make your first money online in record time!
View our list of free "Getting Started" Guides!